The Midem African Forum, now in its third edition, is coming to Cape Town on 28 February 2020 for a full day of keynote talks, masterclasses and workshops, delivered by an array of international speakers.
Midem’s mission is to help build the music business of tomorrow by boosting the industry’s know-how and pushing its boundaries, leveraging creativity and talent on a global scale. Our aim is to create a strong collaborative hub to address the industry’s major issues and celebrate its breakthroughs.
Leading the speakers is Alexandre Deniot (Director of MIDEM). Deniot joined Reed MIDEM in 2017 as Director of MIDEM, the international trade event for the music industry. Under his guidance, MIDEM has cemented its position as the benchmark event for the development of the music sector in the face of complex challenges from changes in technology and business models. Prior to Reed MIDEM, Alexandre held various posts at the Universal Music Group, notably as Director of Business Development for UMG’s division based in Paris. He holds a master’s degree in Commercial Management from IAE France, Ecoles Universitaires de Management.
Other notable speakers include:
- Zach Fuller – Senior Analyst MIDiA Research (United Kingdom) Yoel Kenan – CEO, Africori (South Africa)
- THEMBA – DJ & radio host (South Africa)
- Karabo Senna – SAMRO (South Africa)
- Thabiso Khadi – THE T-EFFECT (South Africa)
- Raphel Benza – Founder, VTH Season (South Africa)
- Martha Huro – Managing Director, East Africa & General Manager Kenya, Transsnet Music – Boomplay (Kenya)
- Oluwatosin Sorinola – Head of Marketing, Africa, Transsnet Music – Boomplay (South Africa)
- David Alexander – Sheer Music Publishing (South Africa)
Topics to be covered include:
- The state of the global music industry by Zach Fuller
- The state of the South African music industry: challenges and opportunities
- Boomplay case study: Leveraging streaming to reach global audiences
- International development and the publisher-songwriter collaboration
- Artist conversations
- Speed meeting: Meet the international delegation
End of day:
Cocktail event – Networking and showcases
The day starts at 10am and runs till 9pm.
Attendance is FREE, but by invite-only. One need only register, so please email: firstname.lastname@example.org and Midem will send through a personal invitation to you.
- When & Where: Bridges for Music Academy
- Address: Washington St, Langa, Cape Town, 7456
- Date: Friday 28 February, 2020
- Time: 10am to 9pm