About Music Exchange
We have monthly programs for music professionals.
The program provides creative workers with practical tools and insights into the workings of the music and entertainment business, in order that they are better equipped to make a success of their careers.
Music Exchange, over the years, has attracted local and global entertainment industry thought leaders, all who have been instrumental in building and fostering value-add partnerships, job creation and economic development.
Over the past nine years delegates have met an array of international and South African Industry practitioners, including:
International Delegates & Speakers include:
- UK – Christian Wright, from Abbey Road Studios, London.
- UK – Mark Murdoch of Mahogany in London.
- FRANCE – Ben Oldfield – The Orchard, Paris.
- UK – Brandon Bakshi – BMI
- USA – Mos Def – Internationally acclaimed hip-hop artist and actor.
- GERMANY – Tim Renner – CEO of Universal Music, Germany Cultural Ambassador City of Berlin
- UK – Trevor Jones – Critically acclaimed movie composer, born in District 6, Cape Town.
- USA – Charles Goldstuck – CEO Touchtunes , former CEO Sony/BMG.
- AUSTRALIA – Stuart Rubin – Former marketing director at BMG Records.
- AUSTRALIA – David Vodicka – Chairman Rubber Records and independent music lawyer.
- USA – Bryan Michael Cox – Nine times Grammy award winner, songwriter and music producer.
- USA – Ryan Haslim – Manager to Bryan Michael Cox, conference coordinator for the A3C festival, Atlanta.
- Mozambique – MOREIRA CHONGUICA
- USA – Alicia Madison – New York songwriter.
- Columbia – Marcela Arciniegas – Music producer and songwriter.
- USA – Jann Klose – New York-based, Grammy-nominated pop singer and songwriter.
- USA –Tony Grund – DJ and songwriter.
- UK – Steve Stapley – Songwriter
- USA – Candice Pillay –songwriter and recording artist
South African artists include:
- Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse
- Jarrod Aston
- RJ Benjamin
- Chantal Stanfield
- Chad Alexander
- Vicky Sampson
- Auriol Hays
- Chad Saaiman
- Siphokazi Jonas
- Ebrahium Mallum
- Jarrad Ricketts
- Colin Sher
- Karen Zoid
- Amanda Black
- Wandile Bambini
- Carli Myers
- Ameen Harron
- MEX is a Non-Profit company, which is chaired by Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse, with support and endorsement from Trevor Jones, Victoria Seale, RJ Benjamin, Jason Curtis, and John Fishlock.
- Martin Myers is the event convener and founder.
- A group of dedicated team members namely Bevan Trevor, Derek Geddes, Warren Kirkland, Roeshdien Jaz, Aki Khan, Esra Overberg helped stage the 2019 event.
- Andre Gilbertson was involved in the media liaison and interviews
- Siphokazi Jonas works to involve the spoken word artists